|Name in Japanese||音無 初音|
|Romaji Translation||Otonashi Hatsune|
|Debut (Anime)||Episode 07|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)|| Nakahara Mai|
|Voice Actor (English)||Jessica Boone|
|Final Appearance||Episode 09|
Hatsune Otonashi (音無 初音, Otonashi Hatsune) is Otonashi's younger sister.
She was diagnosed with cancer and has been bedridden for two years. Within this period, Otonashi (Yuzuru) acts as her guardian, usually visiting her to give her manga to read and to keep her company. Compared to her brother, Hatsune enjoys studying and couldn't wait to start school. However, her sickness kept her from going outside. She is also gifted by her brother's love, who despite having a meager income out of part-time jobs, he still has enough money to bring her manga which she enjoys reading even though Yuzuru buys the manga randomly. Her gestures of gratitude, in turn, reassures him.
Upon her last request to go outside to see the decorations outside the hospital where she stayed, she passed away, clinging on to her brother's back on her final moments.
- Her first name, "Hatsune", means "first sound". Ironically, her surname, which she shares with elder brother Yuzuru means "no sound".
- Hatsune was a contestant of the voting contest Anime Saimoe Tournament 2010 but lost to Natsume in the first round of the main tournament.
- Hatsune has some resemblance to Mikuru Asahina from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."
- Hatsune's first name is also the last name of a top vocaloid, Miku Hatsune (初音ミク Hatsune Miku)
- Her Japanese voice actress, Mai Nakahara, also does the voice of Nagisa Furukawa in Clannad, another work by Key.
- ↑ Angel Beats! Episode 07