Matsushita Godan (松下護騨, Matsushita Godan), also known as "Matsushita 5-dan" ("Matsushita the 5th" in the English dub), has a large build and is a master at judo. He never forgets a debt he owes, especially in food. He carries heavy weapons such as rocket launchers in battle.
He has brown hair and has slit eyes (his eyes were shown when he was stabbed by a Harmonics clone). He has a large, muscular body. As the series progresses, his body became slim due to lack of food whilst training in the mountains. He wears the standard SSS uniform.
PersonalityEditHe is calm and everyone relies on him. He was always seen training in the nearby forest. According to TK, Matsushita goes into intensive training in the mountains near the school from episode 10 and is not seen again until episode 12 when he returns, being much slimmer. Over the course of the series, he gets TK to teach him various dance moves and from Yuri's words has taught the SSS some judo moves before as well.
- When equipped for heavy fighting Matsushita arms himself with an AT4 rocket launcher, and a MG3 machine gun, as seen in episode 1. As a sidearm he carries a Heckler & Koch P7. His abilities are further supplemented by his unarmed combat skills, which stem from his how he earned 5th Dan in Judo while he was alive. His unarmed capabilities are further enhanced after he travels to the mountain to train.
- He is the only known member besides Shiina to be skilled in martial arts such as judo and karate.
- He is able to play baseball and eat noodles (meat udon) at the same time.
- It seems that he will do anything in exchange for food.
- In the visual novel he wanted to nickname Otonashi "Loli-con".
- When he became slim, the SSS does not recognize him.
- He also taught the other members of the SSS basic grappling moves which proved useful when they went to rescue Kanade from the Harmonics Clones in Episode 8.
- He is the only one in the SSS to wear a different shoe style than everyone else.
- Matsushita appears as cameo in anime Charlotte in episode 7 along with TK.