|Name in Japanese||野田|
|Debut (Anime)||Episode 01|
|Debut (Light Novel)||Track Zero Chapter 05|
|Appears in||Anime, Light Novels|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)||Shun Takagi|
|Voice Actor (English)||Leraldo Anzaldua|
|Affiliation/s||Afterlife War Front|
|Final Appearance||Episode 12|
Noda (野田, Noda) is a self-reliant boy who executes the strategies formed by the SSS and fights with a halberd. He does not listen to anyone other than Yuri, whom he has adoration for, and is antagonistic to almost everyone else. He has a one-sided rivalry between Otonashi and himself, which started when Otonashi refused to enlist to the SSS. He is a complete idiot whose weakness is education. Takeyama was able to subdue him by repeating pi to a large number of decimal places and Hinata is able to use him to enlist in his baseball team. He is not afraid to kill or harm anyone who gets in Yuri's way. Although a complete idiot, he was able to show his full combat skills with his halberd. He defeated Otonashi in the first episode. He carries a picture of Yuri in a side view thinking pose.
Noda has purple hair, purple eyes, and tan skin. He is almost always seen in his SSS uniform, save for in the picture to the left from episode 3. He carries around a huge halberd axe which seems to always be in his hand.
In the drama CDs, Noda's past was referenced when he recollected on being "a person who burdens his mother as a hikkikomori". This possibly explains his initial observation when he first arrived in the Afterlife: that the school is the setting of an RPG and he regards himself as the main character.
He is discovered by Yuri, Hinata, Ooyama and Chaa upon their descent in an underground network of passageways in the mountains (which would become Guild's headquarters). According to him, he is the main protagonist and his mission is to defeat the "final boss" located further down the underground cave (who turns out to be Shiina). Yuri tells him that he is not the protagonist, however, and flees in disbelief.
- Though his halberd remains his favored weapon, Noda falls back on a Stechkin APS pistol for ranged combat. Despite the fact that he prefers not to use it due to the fact that it tends to jam a lot.
- In the initial trips to Guild, Noda was consistently the first to die but showed his full combat ability during the episodes when combating Shadows.
- He was pumelled twice by a pendulum hammer trap in the Anti-Angel Headquarters (which was designed and built by himself) and in the Guild.
- He mentions during the first battle with Kanade that he hates guns.
- Although one of Yuri's combat members, he was the first to die when descending to Guild.
- In the 3rd Angel Beats! Drama CD instead of a giant halberd, he uses a knife, a fork, and a spoon as weapons.